Communication is vital for everyday activities. At Rehab Solutions Adelaide, we focus strongly on functional and daily situations.
Speech Pathology isn’t just about sitting in a room and doing activities, but is about living well, enjoying life and getting back into the community!
Some activities include:
- Communicating to someone your thoughts and feelings (love, thirst, hunger, pain)
- Maintaining and making friendships or relationships
- Ordering and paying for a drink at the café
- Using social media (Facebook, Instagram) on your phone or computer
- Sending a text to your family and friends
- Planning a holiday or event
- Giving a speech at a wedding
- Volunteering and/or returning to work
These activities involve a range of speech, language and cognitive-communication abilities, which you can read more about on other pages.
Let’s get out their together!